The good thing about Red Velvet Cupcakes, other than the taste, is that because each cupcake is an individual serving, you are limited from eating more than you probably need to eat in one serving.
YUMMY Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of powdered cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of shortening of your choice (some people will use 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil)
- once small container of red food coloring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk+ 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt or just 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- Prep you cupcake pans for nonstick and preheat your oven to 350º
- Beat your sugar and shortening until fluffy in a large bowl.
- Add your cocoa,eggs and food coloring to the sugar and shortening and continue to mix.
- To the bowl, add your vanilla, flour, yogurt and buttermilk and continue to mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold your your vinegar and baking soda into the batter being sure not to over-mix the items.
- Fill cups about 2/3 of the way full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until your toothpick passes the test.
Frosting is a cream cheese frosting-
1/2 cup of softened margarine, 1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, 1 box of confectioners sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla
Related Posts Just for You