Every relationship seems to require gives and takes as well as compromise. Most of the time, this is just part of what is involved in a healthy relationship. Unfortunately, there are relationships that are not as healthy as they could be.
Are you in a healthy relationship?
According to WomensHealth,
Signs of an unhealthy relationship include:
- Focusing all your energy on your partner
- Dropping friends and family or activities you enjoy
- Feeling pressured or controlled a lot
- Having more bad times in the relationship than good
- Feeling sad or scared when with your partner
Signs of a healthy relationship include:
- Having more good times in the relationship than bad
- Having a life outside the relationship, with your own friends and activities
- Making decisions together, with each partner compromising at times
- Dealing with conflicts by talking honestly
- Feeling comfortable and able to be yourself
- Feeling able to take care of yourself
- Feeling like your partner supports you
- Emotional Abuse (Copyright © University of Michigan Health System) – Learn about the pattern of emotional abuse and how to recognize emotionally abusive behavior.
Related Posts Just for You