Fall is a great time of year to enjoy squash.
21 of the BEST SQUASH #Recipes
APPLE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion- I use sweet
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled, cubed, seeded)
- 1 cup of cubed apple chunks (I use Granny Smith)
- 4 cups of chicken stock (can use bullion)
- 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt (can sub in sour cream)
- In a large pot, saute your butter with your onion and garlic for about 3 minutes on medium.
- Add your celery, carrots, squash and apple and continue to saute for another 4-6 minutes on medium.
- Add your chicken stock and bring your pot to a boil.
- Once your soup starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for a half hour, stirring as needed.
- Move your soup over to a blender or processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer your soup back to your pot.
- Serve with drizzled yogurt on top. Some prefer this warm while others prefer this as a cool soup.
*when transferring this, take needed precautions for warm/hot items.
Related Posts Just for You