Honey has been around for thousands of years.
Scientists say they have proof of the use of honey as far back as during the cave man days.
Ancient Egyptians are said to have used honey in medicinal ways.
10 things you may not know about honey.
- Honey has many uses for beauty. Use honey on your face as a mask to moisturize during the dry winter months.
- Honey contains antibacterial qualities that help to heal. Apply honey to a wound to help the healing process.
- A teaspoon of honey can help suppress a cough.
- Honey can be toxic to babies.
- Honey can help sooth a skin burn.
- People swear by honey’s ability to minimize seasonal allergies.
- Some people will mix honey with lemon to aid in weight loss.
- A teaspoon of honey can help you get to sleep.
- A bit of honey added to dairy products, such as milk and yogurt, can help with digestion.
- Honey is said to have antioxidant qualities. Minerals in honey include magnesium, potassium, calcium, sulphur, iron, copper, iodine, zinc, and phosphate. Honey also has vitamins A, B1 (thiamin), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (nicotinic acid), B5 (panothenic acid), C (ascorbic acid),and biotin .
Related Posts Just for You