It might seem today that a kitchen island is somewhat the standard in the modern kitchen.
But, not every kitchen was built with an island.
5 Things to consider when choosing an island for your kitchen
Ask anyone who has an island in their kitchen what they think about it and you will probably get an answer that sounds like they could not live without it. The truth is that a kitchen island can serve many purposes.
If your kitchen did not come with an island, you may still be able to get one.
You can get a professionally built island that goes with what you have, a stand-alone island, or a table or piece of furniture that can be used as an island.
Here is what to consider;
- The size of your kitchen and available space.
- The storage available from the unit.
- The ability to use the island as a table to eat off of if needed.
- The material of the top and the usefulness of this material to fit your needs.
- The height of the island in relation to chairs and your ability to comfortably use the island as you work.
Needs some ideas for an island addition to your house?
Check these out.
Related Posts Just for You