When I get a serious craving for chocolate cake, I have to find something and fast.
I am working on my low carb diet but, I do understand that sometimes you just have to have a bite of something that you crave.
My Low Carb Chocolate Rum Cake Pops
A cake pop is instant gratification when you are craving something big, caloric, and decadent.
Luckily, I can do this one low carb. Yay!
What you need to make this.
- 1 cup of Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1/2 cup of sugar alternative, I use Splenda
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- * 3 tablespoons of rum (they say rum has no carbs in it…)
- * 1 package of melted chocolate chips, my choice at the moment is Hershey’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- * 1 square or sugar-free white chocolate melted.
- * Sticks
The last four ingredients are optional. You can make a good rum ball without these items.
How to make it
- Mix together you almond flour and cocoa powder.
- Add your butter, vanilla and rum.
- Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball. I will place them on a wax paper covered baking sheet that also fits into my fridge. Put a stick in the center of each ball.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour. This is a good time to prepare your toppings.
- Dip each ball into your melted chocolate and return to the pan to allow to cool. One options is to cover with chopped nuts before it cools.
- Once cooled, drizzle your white chocolate over this.
Related Posts Just for You