I love watching the birds in my backyard.
I have several feeders and a birdbath out there for them. When they see me come out with some food, they start making all of their bird noises. The birds seem to make my backyard and garden a serene and relaxing place to enjoy.
How to choose the perfect birdbath
Choosing the right birdbath is an important part of the equation. I have neighbors who hardly get any action. It could be because my yard is so popular.
Here is what you need to remember when choosing a birdbath.
- Choose a birdbath that will withstand the weather elements of your area.
- Birds like a birdbath that is located in a ‘safe place’. I have mine under trees to help protect them.
- Birds like to have something to sit on- like a good rim- on a birdbath.
- A taller birdbath will attract smaller birds. If you want smaller birds, look for a birdbath that sits above the ground.
- A birdbath that sits closer to the ground will attract larger birds.
- A birdbath should have about a 2″ basin that also has a bit of a slope.
Here are some birdbath ideas for you to see.
Related Posts Just for You