I love to experiment in my kitchen.
Some things go well and some things, not so well.
Life is good around here when things go well.
Baking with chocolate chips added to my cake mix is something that I pretty naturally. I love the moist and chocolaty taste that chips give to what could be, a boring cake.
I also like to add a bit of booze every now and then. When I combine the chocolate chips and booze in the same recipe, I become a popular person. That is what happened when I made these for an event recently.
So Delish…. Chocolate Rum Cupcakes
You can omit the rum and add water to this. If you don’t have Greek Yogurt, use mayonnaise.
What you need to make this.
- 1 box of devils food cake mix- 18 ounce (yes, we are cheating in a way…)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 box of chocolate instant pudding.
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of rum
- Optional frosting- you can make your own or use a store bought
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your tins/pan for nonstick.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix, pudding and chocolate chips blending them together slightly with a fork.
- Add your remaining ingredients individually one at a time, blending as you go.
- When all of your ingredients are in the bowl, use an electric mixer and mix on medium for about two minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Related Posts Just for You