I stumbled upon a bag of Coconut Palm Sugar at the store the other day.
The label claimed that it Coconut Palm Sugar could be used in place of brown sugar in cookie recipes.
There is mixed research on this sugar alternative as the American Diabetes Association says it ‘should be treated as any other sugar’. Dr. Oz says “Switching from regular sugar to coconut palm sugar could prevent the blood sugar crashes that make you hungry and then cause you to gain weight”.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Using Coconut Palm Sugar?
I used a Tollhouse style recipe for these cookies.
They really tasted delicious and smelled delicious when I took them out of the oven.
Would I use Coconut Palm Sugar every time I make cookies? Probably not as I personally reacted to it. The others eating my cookies enjoyed them with no problems.
Don’t want to use coconut palm sugar? Simply increase your Splenda to the full sugar ingredients (double the Splenda and ignore the brown sugar).
- 2 1/4 cups Flour- all purpose or alternative
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 sticks Softened Butter
- 3/4 cups Splenda or other sugar alternative
- 3/4 cups Brown sugar alternative such as Coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Chocolate chips- sugar free if deisred
- 1 cup Optional- chopped nuts
- 2 1/2 cups instead of flour,baking soda and salt. Optional- baking mix
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4-5 dozen depending on size
Related Posts Just for You