February is American Heart Month.
It is a month that we remember to take good care of what is vital to us- our heart.
5 Things You May Not Know- Celebrate American Heart Month
Sometimes we need a reminder about something that is important to us.
Since we in the midst of ‘heart month’ here is a reminder about what we should know about the hear.
If you are looking to learn more about the heart or if you simply need a reminder, here are some intereting facts that may help you.
Did you know?
According to the CDC :
1. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Million Hearts®–a national effort to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes in the United States by 2017–are encouraging Americans to know their blood pressure, and if it’s high, to make control their goal.
2. Uncontrolled high blood pressure is a leading cause of heart disease and stroke.
3. More than 67 million Americans have high blood pressure
4. People with high blood pressure are 4 times more likely to die from a stroke and 3 times more likely to die from heart disease, compared to those with normal blood pressure.
5. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease.
- Million Hearts
- high blood pressure
- CDC’s Smoking and Tobacco website.
- ways to reduce your sodium
Related Posts Just for You