I’ve never tried making a flour-less cookie before.
I’ve always assumed that if it were a cookie then it had better be made with flour.
FLOURLESS and SUGAR FREE Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
I use to think that cookies HAVE to have flour in them.
I guess that I have been proven wrong.
It is possible to make a cookie WITHOUT flour. And, it is quite easy to make a cookie without flour.
Three cheers for those of us who are sensitive to flour right?
I am quite surprised at how easy it is to make a flourless cookie.
It’s kind of like when you remove the flour you also remove the drama that comes with it.
By drama, I mean of course, the measuring, the probably mess, and the calories that can be added by the flour.
I’m not dissing on the whole flour thing.
I use flour, many different kinds of flour, in the many recipes that I concoct in my kitchen.
With this recipe, I am only experimenting with the absence of flour in what is called a “cookie”.
I have no problem with anyone who is pro-flour and con-flour in their cookies. I am simply trying something new.
On the topic of trying something new, it is extremely nice when a kitchen experiment goes well.
I am really excited that this experiment turned out better than expected. A flourless cookie can actually be pretty good! YAY!
So, what do you need to make this cookie?
The ingredient list is quite simple. Simple as in only six ingredients.
This recipe works well with peanut butter, another “YAY” for me as I love a cookie with peanut butter.
And because I am a believer in chocolate chips in a cookie, this recipe also includes chocolate chips.
This is a sugar free recipe site.
I am making this recipe with no added sugar.
You can find these items easily on Amazon.
- Peanut Butter (no sugar added to keep this sugar free)- 1 cup
- Sugar alternative- 3/4 cup
- Egg- 1
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- 1 cup
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your pan for nonstick
- In a medium bowl, combine together your peanut butter, egg, baking soda, salt ad vanilla extract.
- Fold your chocolate chips into the batter.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out your cookies and place them onto your cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to brown
- Allow to cool on rack
Related Posts Just for You