I am so glad that there is a way to make chocolate bark that has no added sugar in it.
Sugar Free Chocolate Bark
It’s crunchy and chocolaty. That could be why we love this treat.
And, it’s so easy to make!
The fun thing about chocolate bark is that it can come in various shapes and sizes.
It is the randomness of the candy that makes it so appealing in addition to the fact that it is chocolate.
Chocolate bark is a nice treat.
I like that chocolate bark can also be a nice gift during the holiday season. Chocolate bark can also be decorated for really any kind of occasion including holidays and events.
My favorite way to appreciate chocolate bark is with some nuts.
I love nuts- any kind of nut really. Nuts are healthy for us and they add no sugar.
Other great options to add to bark include dried fruit, such as raisins or cranberries. These fruit options do add natural sugar.
Why not try some different kind of toppings?
I know people who will crush up popcorn, sugar free cookies or even cereal to top their bark with. Oatmeal would be a good option as well.
What you put into your chocolate bark or on top of your chocolate bark, is what personalizes it to your needs. Toppings can also make your bark taste even better!
The Basic Sugar Free Bark Recipe
What you will need (ingredients)
Sugar Free/no sugar added chocolate – such as these.
- 16 ounces of chocolate sugar free or no sugar added. Can be dark chocolate, bittersweet,semisweet or a combination adding up to 16 ounces total.
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla or other extract of your choice.
- Chopped nuts or other additional item of your choice (see above). Total 1 1/2 cups can mix.
How to make it
- Prep a baking pan for nonstick- I use parchment paper.
- Use a double boiler or simply a pot of boiling water with another pot or bowl over it to melt your chocolate, stirring as needed. You can even use a microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate instead in a microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto your prepped baking pan, allowing the chocolate to spread evenly.
- Add your nuts (or other ingredients) and press them in to cover with chocolate. If a topping is desired, simply sprinkle this on top.
- Refrigerate for 2 -2 1/2 hours in order to harden.
- Break your bark into pieces and enjoy.
Related Posts Just for You