There is a VERY popular restaurant around here that features an oven roasted potato.
What I don’t get is how seriously popular these potatoes are.
People love these potatoes. They will ever order additional servings of them.
FABULOUS Oven Roasted Potatoes
We all know that potatoes are one of America’s most favorite comfort foods.
We bake our potatoes. We fry our potatoes. We mash our potatoes. We even grill our potatoes.
People just seem to love potatoes.
Some of us love that we can eat potatoes for breakfast.
Those potato cakes are a huge hit on many breakfast menus. And what about those hash browns?
Well, at this very popular local restaurant, baked potato slices are what everyone wants.
So I started thinking, how can I make these popular potatoes at home?
Seasoned baked potatoes are such a hot menu item! Why not try to ‘copycat’ them??
I love this baked potato idea.
- I love that these are so easy to make.
- I love that these potatoes can be made ahead of time and baked when needed.
- I love that this is perfect crowd pleaser for about any size crowd.
Here is a tip:
My local warehouse club now sells small potatoes in variety bags. Each bag has both red and white potatoes. The potatoes are small and really delicious.
You will also need some kind of a large baking pan. If I am expecting to feed a crowd I will use one of those disposable aluminum pans like the ones that people bake turkeys in. These pans are the perfect size for these potatoes. These pans are also perfect for bringing to a gathering or pot luck.
What you will need:
- 3 pounds of potatoes- red and/or white- cut into chunks.
- Olive Oil
- Salt- Kosher preferred- 2 tsp
- Minced garlic- about 6-7 cloves worth.
- Parsley flakes or minced- 1/4 cup
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Place your potatoes into your baking pan.
- Drizzle your olive oil over the potatoes, tossing your potatoes as you go to ensure that they are all coated. Using your hands may work best.
- Sprinkle your remaining ingredients over the potatoes one at a time, continuing to toss the potatoes to ensure that they are covered.
- Roast your potatoes for 50-55 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. The potatoes should have a bit of brown in the edges.