Sometimes, we are just in the mood for something a bit different.
We love our pasta and we love our pasta sauce.
I enjoy making sauce from scratch. I love knowing everything that goes into the sauce and I love that every week I can experiment with my sauce by doing something different. Every now and then I will make a marinara sauce.
Super Easy Marinara Sauce
Marinara is that wonderful tomato sauce that has a hint of a sweet taste.
We enjoy marinara sauce with our pasta. We also enjoy marinara sauce as a dip especially with cheese or shrimp. There is something enjoyable about the sweet taste from the sauce when it is combined with the salty taste from what ever is being dipped.
Some folks say that the secret to the perfect marinara lies in the tomatoes that are used.
I am not picky and, as a matter of fact, I like that canned tomatoes can be used to make the perfect sauce.
The recipe- Super Easy Marinara Sauce
I like that this is marinara sauce is super easy to make!
What you will need
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 1/4 cup
- Chopped onion- 1/4 cup or 1 small
- Garlic- 3 sliced in slivers
- Kosher Salt 1 tsp
- Crushed tomatoes- 1 28-32 ounce can
- Seasonings to taste- red pepper flakes, oregano,black pepper
How to make it
- Using a large skillet on medium heat, saute your garlic and onions in your oil until they appear to be translucent- 8-10 minutes.
- Now add your tomatoes and salt and allow to simmer for 45-50 minutes.
- Add your remaining seasonings to taste.
Enjoy marinara sauce over your favorite pasta with a nice Cabernet or Chianti.