I’m a sucker for avocados.
I like avocados in my salads. I like avocados in my wraps and sandwiches. And I love avocados, ala guacamole, on my chips.
The Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
Lately, I have been seeing a lot of interesting recipes using avocados.
While I am a HUGE fan of guacamole, I am curious about the other avocado recipes out there.
There have been a few recipes out there for avocados in baked goods coming up lately.
This has me thinking. How can we make a mug cake using an avocado? Even better, how can we make this avocado mug cake sugar free.
Avocados are said to be high in the ‘healthy fats’ as well as being a good source of Potassium and Vitamin C.
Avocados also have folate, Vitamin B-6, and Vitamin K.
By the way, Avocados are a fruit that many of us like to grow indoors.
How many of us have stuck a few toothpicks in the pit of an avocado and watched roots grow to form a new plant?
Thanks to the fats in avocados, we are able to use them in recipes such as this one.
Okay, yes the meat of an avocado is green. However, the taste of the avocado is mild enough to complement what ever we may be making with it. Sometimes, we want a green cake or cookie. It’s close to St. Patrick’s Day right now and I can’t think of a lovelier color for this day than the color green.
What you will need for this recipe
Besides the obvious avocado, the most important item that you will need is a microwave safe mug.
Be sure to check to make sure that you mug is safe for microwave use before attempting to make this recipe. An 8-12 ounce mug works best as well.
The Recipe for The Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
This is an egg-free recipe.
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (equivalent) of sugar alternative such as Splenda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Mashed avocado 1 tablespoon
- Oil- such as vegetable oil 2 teaspoons
- Milk or Greek Yogurt 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
How to make this:
- Add your dry ingredients to your mug and blend together with a fork.
- Stir in your avocado.
- Add your remaining ingredients and mix until blended without over mixing.
- Place your mug into your microwave and bake for 90 seconds on high
- Allow to cool before eating.