I admit that I was never a fan of the tomato until I tasted Gazpacho Soup.
I was at a fancy luncheon where I was served this tomato-based legend trying not to make a stick about having to eat this.
Easy Gazpacho Soup Recipe
After being ‘socially forced to try Gazpacho Soup, I instantly fell in love with one of my favorite foods.
It turns out that once I tasted the plum, or Roma, tomato, I was sold.
Gazpacho soup is a favorite for many in the summer months. This is a cold soup that embraces many of the vegetables and fruits that are in season.
Gazpacho Soup reminds me of a cold and mild salsa or enhanced tomato juice.
Gazpacho Soup and mild salsa and tomato juice really are a lot alike in what they have in them.
It is what you add to the soup that personalizes it.
The base of Gazpacho Soup is all about the tomato.
We use the plus/Roma tomato along with a bit of tomato juice to get that consistency started.
Then we add a few more goodies from the garden to make the soup a perfect summer treat.
How to make a simple homemade Gazpacho Soup
What you will need to make this soup.
- Roma/Plum tomatoes. Really, no other tomato will do as far as the taste goes. 6 medium sized, peeled, seeded, and chopped. Can use canned.
- Cucumber- 1 peeled, seeded, and chopped.
- Tomato juice-3 cups, canned works good.
- Onion- 1 medium chopped
- Tomato Paste-2 tablespoons (can sub in ketchup)
- Garlic- 3 cloves chopped fine
- Red wine vinegar- 1/4 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Red bell pepper- 2 chopped,cored and seeded.
- Seasonings to taste: Kosher salt,black pepper, cayenne, and/or cumin.
- Optional item ideas 2 tsp- Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce, Vodka and/or lemon juice.
- Herbs- 2 tablespoons, can be any or combination, thyme,cilantro, parsley, etc.
How to make Easy Summer Gazpacho soup.
- Use a food processor or good blender.
- Add all ingredients and puree until mostly juice with a few chunks remaining.
- Chill for at least 4 hours prior to serving.
Related Posts Just for You