If you haven’t figured it out yet, I am a huge pet fan.
Just check out these mug shots as proof!
ID Your Pet Day @aspca
Is your pet tagged?
Here is the scoop.
To help keep pets safe this season, the ASPCA has created ID Your Pet Day on July 1st .
The ASPCA says that this is a chance to raise awareness about the importance of ID tagging your pet.
This holiday is especially timely as July 4th is a time of year when many pets go missing due to fireworks.
Did you know?
· A personalized ID tag is the best way to increase the likelihood your pet returning home. Make sure your pet is fitted with a collar and ID tag that includes your name and phone number.
· Implanted microchips can serve as an important security measure to ensure that a pet is returned home in the case of a lost collar and ID tag.
· Download the ASPCA Pet Safety App to access personalized instructions on how to search for a lost animal in a variety of circumstances: ASPCAapp.org.
[bctt tweet=”Is your pet tagged? ID Your Pet Day @aspca” username=”poshonabudget”]
The ASPCA says that Personalized ID tags are likely to be the fastest way to return a pet home, as they can be read by anyone who finds the animal.
Because collars can come off, leaving the pet without any identification, implanted microchips can serve as an important security measure to help ensure that a pet is returned home, even if a collar and tag are lost. Reuniting pets with their guardians though microchips requires that pet guardians keep their address and contact information up to date with the microchip registry.
The ASPCA supports microchip identification paired with a collar and personalized ID tag for companion animals.
Have you ever thought about what you would do in the even that your pet went missing?
The ASPCA mobile app is a must-have app for pet owners.
This free app shows pet parents exactly what to do in case of a natural disaster. It also allows pet owners to store vital medical records, and provides information on making life-saving decisions during natural disasters.
With a few swipes, you can:
- Access critical advice on what to do with your pet before, during, and after a major storm—even if there’s no data connectivity.
- Store and manage your pet’s critical health records.
- Receive a personalized missing pet recovery kit, including step-by-step instructions on how to search for a lost animal in a variety of circumstances.
- Build a lost pet digital flyer that can be shared instantly on your social media channels.
- Get the latest and most relevant news about pets and animal welfare.
Related Posts Just for You