It’s the time of the summer break when kids are starting to get board.
It is usually at about this time of the summer when kids start looking for something new to do to get through the rest of the summer break.
25 FREE Things To Keep Kids Busy this Summer
There is only so much TV to watch and video games to play when things get boring.
Let’s face it, kids are use to a routine during the school year. That school year routine keeps our kids busy and learning.
Check out this listing of free and fun learning ideas to keep your kids busy while they are out of school.
While any kind of a break may seem like a good idea when school is involved, a break can become boring after a while and kids need something new to occupy their time off. I remember that happening for me.
So what can kids do to keep them busy, learning, and happy for the remainder of break?
And that is free to of course!
[bctt tweet=”Don’t miss this list! FREE and FUN ways for kids to learn and keep busy this summer.” username=”poshonabudget”]
Here are 25 ideas of fun and free ways for kids to learn and to keep busy this summer!
- Making Change – Design your own coin!
- Dollar Dive – Keep the Sea Monster away from your boat in this fun game.
- Get a Clue About Collecting – Learn about coin collecting
- Online Activities – Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland – Find fun online games like Escape from Barter Island.
- Activity Cards – BAM! – Find activity cards for all kinds of sports. Learn more and find out what gear you need.
- Physical Activity – BAM! – Learn how to overcome fitness challenges; use the Activity Calendar to create your very own personalized calendar.
- Dining Decisions – It’s lunch time, you’re in the school cafeteria. Choose which meal is a healthy meal.
- Shutterbugs Wiggle and Stomp – Follow Ada, the zookeeper, and lookout for animals that are swimming, running, wiggling, and stomping
- Shutterbugs Wiggle and Stomp – Follow Ada, the zookeeper, and lookout for animals that are swimming, running, wiggling, and stomping.
- Activity Plan – Ideas about what your family can do to be active together.
- Curious George – Find lots of games with Curious George
- Check out Recreation.Gov – If you like biking, camping and boating, then this is the website for you. Find out about fun, outdoor activities.
- NGAkids Art Zone – Choose from a variety of activities or projects from the National Gallery of Art, enjoy an animated musical adventure, take a tour through the sculpture garden, and more.
- NGAkids Art Zone for the iPad – Activities inspired by works in the collection of the National Gallery of Art, a sketchbook for freehand drawing and a personal exhibition space to save and display art.
- Recipes for Kids – Making food yourself – with a little help from a parent – is a great way to learn about food and meal preparation.
- Color- – Sesame Street – Browse and learn from different coloring pages from your favorite characters on Sesame Street.
- Read about FTC Online Safety for Kids – Learn about being safe online and how to protect yourself.
- Learn about protecting Your Online Information – Security Plaza – Your personal information is valuable to a lot of people. Learn what it takes to keep yours secure.
- Music Games – PBS Kids – Check out these fun musical games.
- Learn about the Presidents-Read about all the presidents of the U.S.
- Learn how to Write a Letter – Writing a letter, postcard or email can be fun. Let Arthur help you get started.
- Check out the Children’s Butterfly Site – Despite their small size, butterflies and moths are some of the World’s most wondrous animals.
- See Let’s Go Outside – Learn how loss of habitat and ecosystems can lead to a decline in biodiversity, and how the Endangered Species Act helps conserve endangered and threatened species.
- Little Golden Books – Take a look at a new series of children’s books for beginning readers between the ages of 3 and 8.
- Visit Yellowstone National Park Just for Kids – Take a field trip online and when you’re done check out the Yellowstone Animal Alphabet Book.
Related Posts Just for You