When you have a pack of four dogs, homemade dog cookies are a big deal.
Enjoying homemade dog cookies is one of the highlights of my dog’s lives.
Oatmeal, Bacon and Wheat Germ Dog Biscuits
Have you ever made dog biscuits at home? It’s not that hard to do!
What I like about making my own dog biscuits is that I know everything that goes into those biscuits.
There are no ingredients added to my homemade dog treats that I cannot pronounce- which is nice to know.
I make dog biscuits/cookies every week for my pack of four.
I like knowing exactly what is in my homemade goodies and they sem to like everything that I put into them.
I use whole wheat flour for my dog cookies.
Whole wheat flour is said to be healthier for dogs. I am not sure that all purpose flour would be a bad thing, I use the whole wheat for my dog cookies.
- 2 Cups of Flour- whole wheat is preferred
- 1/2 cup of oats- I use quick
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 1/4 cup of bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of broth- I use bullion dissolved in water
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prep your pans for nonstick
- Combine your first four ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add your honey and stir a few times.
- Add your eggs one at a time, stirring between additions
- Add half of your broth and continue to stir until you are able to knead into a ball. If it seems to dry and breaks off, add more broth a tablespoon at a time continuing to knead.
- If you are using a cookie cutter, roll out your dough and cut your shapes. Otherwise, form your dough into the shape of your choice.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Biscuits should be hard to touch.
- Allow to cool and then serve to your happy taste testers.
Related Posts Just for You