This is the time of the year that we seem to be enjoying a lot of soup in our home.
Soup just seems to be the perfect food when the weather gets cold outside.
Simple Corn Chowder Soup
I am usually a broth kind of soup person.
Broth soup is so easy to pair with other foods such as sandwiches or salads. Broth soups also make for a great appetizer. Broth just fills that need for something while you enjoy something that finishes the meal.
What I like about a simple corn chowder soup is that it is hearty.
Heart soups can be enjoyed in small amounts as appetizers or side dishes. Hearty soups can also be the meal itself.
Simple Corn Chowder Soup has more than just corn in it.
Being that this soup is a chowder, this soup has more than just corn in it.
Potatoes are a big part of this simple corn chowder soup. The potatoes add not only flavor and texture. The potatoes add to the heartiness of this delicious soup.
I love that on a cold day I can have a bowl of this soup and it will warm me up and keep me satisfied for a while.
What do you pair this soup with?
I like a simple and light fruit with this hearty corn chowder soup. A few red grapes are a good complement. So are apple slices or a few berries. You could also enjoy a small salad on the side to complete the meal.
The Recipe for Simple Corn Chowder Soup
- 1/4 cup- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium- Sweet White Onion Chopped
- 1 tablespoon- Butter
- 1/2 cup- Bacon- optional- chopped
- 1 14-15 ounce can – Canned Cream Corn
- 1 15-16 ounce can- Whole Corn in a Can
- 4 cups (can use 4 bullion + 4 cups of water)- Broth such as chicken broth
- Total of 2 cups- Milk, half and half and/or Greek Yogurt
- Total 2 pounds- Potatoes (small, white,and/or Idaho) chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Flour (AP)-
- To taste Seasonings to taste- salt, pepper, turmeric, etc
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8-10