I am all for an easy clean up no matter what I am doing.
That is especially true when it comes to cleaning up a kitchen meal mess.
No Sweat One Skillet Chili Mac
Using one skillet to make an entire meal makes life so much easier if you ask me.
Many people believe that in order to make anything with pasta in it you must first cook the pasta.
By ‘cook the pasta’ I mean boil the water, add the paste to the water, wait 10 minutes, drain the pasta and prepare it.
We have all been there before I am sure. The good thing about one skillet recipes like this one is that there is a cheat for that water boiling idea that still results in a good tasting meal.
We love making pasta the traditional way using the boiling water.
That is especially true when we all want our pasta served differently or simply want buttered noodles. These really are tasty options when it comes to eating pasta. I just sometimes need to create a crowd pleasing one skillet meal that is both tasty and filling.
One skillet, or even one pot, meals really can make life a lot easier.
It is not just about the clean-up of the meal prep mess. It is just easier to serve when all of the ingredients are in one spot. I also like that everyone can get a bit of everything rather than one person enjoying all of the pasta alone or all of the sauce alone.
When I make a one skillet pasta meal, I like to pair it with a light side with vegetables.
That light side will usually be salad. Salad adds the perfect light balance to something that may feel heavy in the stomach such as pasta.
The Recipe for One Skillet Chili Mac
You can use turkey or beef to make this recipe.
Just be sure to cook what ever you choose fully before moving on with the bulk of the recipe.
One Skillet Chili Mac and Cheese
An easy way to make a filling favorite chili mac meal.
– Ground beef or turkey -1 lb lean
– Olive or other oil -1 tablespoon
– Onion- 1 small diced
– Garlic- 2 cloves minced
– Water- 2 cups
– Broth- 2 cups (chicken or beef)
– Beans of choice- 1 can- can omit
– Diced tomatoes- 1 14-16 ounce can
– Tomato Sauce- 1 8 ounce can
– Chili Seasonings- 1 packet or chili powder+cumin 1 1/2 tsp
– Salt/Pepper to taste
– Pasta, such as elbow or penne- 1 1/2 cups uncooked
– Topping to taste- such as cheddar cheese, peppers. etc
HOW TO MAKE THIS
– -Over medium heat, using a large skillet/pot/or dutch oven, heat the oil and then cook the meat or turkey. Once finished, drain the fat and return the meat or turkey to the skillet/pot/dutch oven.
– -Add everything to the skillet/pot/dutch oven except for your pasta and toppings. Add these items one at a time, stirring as you go.
– -When this starts to boil, stir in your pasta, reduce the heat and cover. Cook for about 15 more minutes or until tender,stirring as you go.
– -Add toppings and serve.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Related Posts Just for You