By now you have noticed and influx of PEEPS candy at your local store and online.
Peeps seem to be part of the yearly ritual of welcoming in spring at the grocery and drug stores.
31 of the BEST PEEP RECIPES
I must admit that I do not eat a lot of Peeps candy.
I ate plenty of Peeps as a kid though.
We always started with biting off the heads of the Peep before devouring the rest of the poor thing. Somehow the biggest Peep eating pleasure always ending up in licking the sugar off of our fingers.
Part of the fun of this yearly ritual of Peeps is finding new uses for them.
Now that I am older I do not get as much pleasure as I once did when it comes to biting off the heads of my sugar coated treat or licking the remaining sugar off of my fingers. These days I am into finding new ways to appreciate this yearly sweet ritual.
Did you know…
The average Peep has only 28 calories in it. Given that there is usually a bit of sugar coating this treat, I would have thought there would be more than 28 calories involved in eating one.
According to the company website, Peeps are not vegan because they contain pork-derived gelatin. Also, PEEPS® Marshmallow Candies are not kosher. Too bad as those of us celebrating Passover could have enjoyed a Matzo shaped Peep if it could be made Kosher for Passover.
Have you ever dipped a Peep?
Dipping a Peep, before sinking your mouth into it, is just one more way to enjoy it.
This is just one of the 31 of the BEST PEEP RECIPES
Chocolate Cracker Dip for Peeps
A fun chocolate dip for Peeps Marshmallows. Add some crushed crackers and make it like a S’More dip
– Chocolate Chips- one bag/ 2 cups, any kind of chocolate (milk chocolate will melt best but, any chocolate will do).
– Crushed (into chunks) Crackers- Crushed graham crackers for a s’more taste or other cracker. 3/4 cup
– Optional- if you want a smoother fondue-like dip, add 2/3 cup of half and half or Greek Yogurt
– Optional- flavorings such as vanilla extract, flavored liqueur, or coffee granules, 2 tablespoons
– HOW TO MAKE THIS
– Using a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips on high for minute. Stir and heat again for 30 seconds. Repeat every 30 seconds until chips are melted.
– Remove from the microwave and stir in any of the optional choices listed above.
– Dip each Peep (or marshmallow) into the chocolate and the sprinkle the crushed crackers on top.
– Tips: Use a skewer or fork for the dipping process to have better control over the chocolate coverage. Also, place covered Peeps on wax paper or on a skewer which is held by a bottler or similar item to allow Peeps to cool before eating.
– Alternatively , you could melt chocolate on the stove using a double boiler.
Yield: 8-12 servings
Looking for some more great things to do with your Peeps?
Scroll down to see 31 of the BEST PEEP RECIPES!!
Related Posts Just for You