I admit that I am a huge believer in mascara.
My endless supply of mascara is proof of my love for the product.
16 of the BEST MASCARA HACKS Ever!
I love what mascara can do for both my face and my affect.
A simple swipe of the wand can perk up my day and my face.
Using mascara is not rocket science, thankfully.
Using mascara is about knowing what works for you and doing what works for you with confidence.
Learning about what works best for your mascara look has a lot to do with learning the hacks that work best.
Mascara hacks that make your day and look
- Know the difference between brushes. Skinny brushes are good for elongating short lashes while densely packed brushes are good for packing on the product. Curved brushes are good for curling lashes.
- For a fuller lash look, use more than one kind of mascara- such as a thickening mascara and then a lengthening mascara.
- Just because it cost you a lot of money or not a lot of money may not necessarily mean that it is better or worse. Some of the best mascaras come from the drug stores.
- Avoid the temptation of ‘pumping’ your mascara wand in the tube. Pumping mascara introduces air and bacteria into the tube. Twirl the wand instead to get the wand full of product.
- Use a lint-free tissue or similar to wipe off those nasty clumps that get stuck to the mascara wand when it is pulled from the tube.
- Use an eyelash curler. They work at making your lashes more visible. Some gals will use the curler after they use mascara. If you do this, be sure to clean off the mascara from the curler otherwise, use the curler before you apply your mascara.
- Waterproof mascara is nice when it comes to keeping that great look at the gym or on a hot day. Experts suggest that we not wear waterproof mascara every day though.
- Make your mascara look last longer by using a regular mascara with a waterproof mascara over it.
- Experiment with how you uses your mascara wand. While the traditional combing the lashes from inner to outer works, try swiping the wand across the lashes horizontally or using the tip of the wand to customize your look.
- Sorry, no matter how tempting or how much you love your mascara, replace it after six months for several reasons including it can get dried up.
- NEVER never NEVER share mascara with anyone else. Sharing mascara can also mean sharing eye infections etc.
- Look for mascara that comes with a wand with more than one way to use it. I have a mascara with the traditional wand which has a comb on the side. It is like having two different mascaras.
- Discard dried-up mascara. Don’t add saliva or water to moisten it. The bacteria from your mouth may grow in the mascara and cause infection. Adding water may introduce bacteria and will dilute the preservative that is intended to protect against microbial growth. Sometimes, if the mascara is a bit dry, a few drops of saline may help- you can try this first but, the saline should be sterile.
- Don’t store your mascara at temperatures above 85 degrees F. Cosmetics held for long periods in hot cars, for example, are more susceptible to deterioration of the preservative.
- When applying mascara to your lower lashes, use a spoon or small piece of paper under the last to avoid getting the mascara under your eye and on your skin.
- Clumps can be easily tackled by using a toothbrush (clean/new) to brush the clumps away.
Related Posts Just for You