This post is sponsored by Hill’s® Science Diet® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about the new Hill’s® Science Diet® Youthful Vitality pet food for cats and dogs over the age of 7, but Poshonabudget.com only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.M/em>
It seems like every day I look in the mirror and I cannot believe how everyone has aged and how quickly time has passed by.
Then I look at my boy Wrigley and I know that he is thinking the same thing as he struggles to get up fast like the pup that he was nearly a decade ago.
How to be an aging alpha dog #AwesomeAsEver #ad
Wrigley is my 110 pound of lovin’ stuff.
He came to me nearly nine years ago after he was rescued as a puppy from less than perfect circumstances. Because of his size and intelligence, Wrigley is the alpha-dog of my pack of four. Not a day goes by that Wrigley fails to remind the others of his alpha status, despite the fact the he is more growl than bite these days.
I have noticed that Wrigley once had a strategy behind keeping the other dogs at bay.
Wrigley reminded everyone that he was the alpha dog around here by;
- Hogging the bed of the person who feeds the canine family members.
- Growling at the others when the get anywhere close to his bowl.
- Maintaining his ability to push the others out of the way when needed, such as lining up for walks.
I have also noticed that Wrigley now has a strategy to help him continue being that Alpha Dog.
- He exercised regularly
- He continutes to be cute, he stays strong, he loves his people.
- And Wrigley eats a special diet of Hill’s® Science Diet® Youthful Vitality
It is true that just like with people, age sometimes creeps up slowly on our pets, like it has with Wrigley.
They say that age-associated changes are different in every pet and sometimes signs of aging can be dismissed or even go unnoticed because the change is gradual. With Wrigley I have noticed that the more visible change, that is associated with aging, is to his skin and coat. What was once soft and shiny had become dry and course. Wrigley’s vet says that there are less visible signs of aging for a senior dog- like organ health.
I learned that nutrition can play a part in fighting the effects of aging for Wrigley.
That means that a certain food can help Wrigley deal with the effects of aging.
I switched Wrigley to Hill’s® NEW Science Diet® Youthful Vitality.
Hill’s says that nearly half of pet parents don’t feed their 7+ pets food appropriate for an aging dog.
It was time for Wrigley to start eating something that could help restore his “Youthful Vitality”.
I believe that Wrigley agreed with me as he really likes Hill’s® NEW Science Diet® Youthful Vitality. Wrigley has been eating Hill’s® NEW Science Diet® Youthful Vitality for a short time but, it really has made a difference in his ability to be alert to everything going on around him.
Not sure if your Senior Dog could benefit from Hill’s® NEW Science Diet® Youthful Vitality?
I just checked out Wrigley’s Real Age with Hill’s The Science Behind Aging
I learned a lot about my aging pet.
Did you know that compared to younger dogs and cats, older pets have different gene expression? This can affect how their bodies function, because some of those genes are associated with inflammatory processes, oxidative stress, immunity, DNA repair, energy production and protein metabolism.
These signs of aging could impact your relationship with your pet. Nutrition can play a part in fighting the effects of aging.
NEW Hill’s® Science Diet® Youthful Vitality, breakthrough nutrition is scientifically developed to help support your dog’s ongoing vitality through increased activity, interaction and mobility.
Formulated with ingredients to help support:
- Brain Function- Powerful antioxidants for a healthy brain to support desire for family interaction
- Energy and Vitality- Protein, phytonutrients and L-carnitine support ability to get moving, plus interest in activity and
- Healthy Immune System- Vitamins C & E help bolster a strong immune system
- Healthy Digestive System- High quality, easy-to-digest ingredients with great taste
- Luxurious Coat- Essential fatty acids promote a coat with increased shininess and softness
- Available in Chicken Recipe for dry in both Original and Small & Toy Breed varieties, and a tasty Chicken stew in
both large and small can sizes.
Learn How You Too Can Keep your 7+ pet in the game with NEW Hill’s® Science Diet® Youthful Vitality.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hill’s® Science Diet® . The opinions and text are all mine.
Related Posts Just for You